Speak Your Mind

I am an Indian and I like to voice my opinions candidily in a very brutal fashion. For me freedom is the most important virtue on this planet. This blog can contain any type of views on anything.

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

The Company of Woman
Here I am observing a new change these days. People are probing me more about my female companion. More often than ever, e-mails from friends, conversations with pals & acquaintances have a brief but stressful mention about my girlfriend.
Well, the delicious irony is that, fortunately or unfortunately, I don’t have any girl friend. But I wonder now, that my old decision to avoid serious liaisons with fair sex, which is still a norm, is a wise one or not. The way people ask me “Haven’t you found out one yet?” or “Why don’t you have any girl friend?” stirs my tranquility to a very little extent but it does. Sometimes I fear that I may find myself in the shoe of ‘Debashish Chatterjee’ of ‘Mumbai Matinee’, though in a different manner. But I know perfectly that this is an empty fear which is just an engaging fantasy not a grim reality.
When we talk about my relationships with the female species of mankind over the years, it is like looking through a multi-colored Kaleidoscope. Though I have known a good number of girls all these years & even today I am in touch of couple of them but the fairy tale ends here. Though a staunch believer in quality myself I have come across as a quantity conscious person in this matter. The result is that all of these of my adventures have been limited to the demarcations of friendship, never crossing into the wonderland of love affair. Though I got few chances to do this but either I failed to understand the signals or the other party was not interested when I was. So all this have finally culminated today into my surprisingly single status.
However, all this doesn’t mean that I am stranger to all the sweet components of a love affair. I’ve eaten out with girls. Danced with them, visited placers with them etc. the only thing which I haven’t done till now is sex. Theoretically, I am still a virgin (I can see some frowns) and going to enjoy this bliss till my marriage.
But hey, I am not discussing my non-existent sex life here. The issue in light today is my single status & my female connections till now.
I’ve observed one particular & strange phenomenon in my case. That whenever I start girl-hunting or try to pick a particular chick I met with failure. But whenever I ignore this matter absolutely, girls start flocking around me like butterflies. See, all this is pure Vedanta. When you run after a materialistic thing, it runs faster than you & you get it only after much labor. But when you start working without caring too much for results & consider work as you natural duty, when you ignore worldly pleasures that is when you attain each & everything on the planet without asking for them.