Speak Your Mind

I am an Indian and I like to voice my opinions candidily in a very brutal fashion. For me freedom is the most important virtue on this planet. This blog can contain any type of views on anything.

Monday, March 22, 2004

Nirvana Behind A Closed Door

One may find it shocking but I think that the best place for idea-generation and attaining mental peace (though momentarily) in this world is loo. It is the place where I find perfect mental calm and experience something akin to salvation. In fact, some of the most brilliant ideas, which occurred to me, were engendered in the solitary space of lavatory. That is the place where I’ve found disarming solutions to some of my intriguing problems. Believe it or not, but that is the place which I find most uninterrupted & most soothing. As soothing as the touch of your old flame.

As I am not like most of the people who believe in a quick entry & exit to loo, I spend some quality time there with an eye on quantity also. I feel that once I am there I am free from all the needling of family members; all the fuss of girl friend; all the eccentricities of chums; all the concerns of acquaintances; pensive pauses of Atalji; WMDs (Words of Military Dictator) from Pakistan; rhetoric of Bush & Blair and their ilk; relentless rubbish from Bollywood; pseudo-secularism of Congress (INC), left parties & regional parties; communalism of Sangh Parivar; weird escapades of Britney Spears & other western celebrities; pomp & show by people from Page 3; hysteria generated by cricket in this country; banal & artificial ‘Saas-Bahus’ (mothers-in-law & daughters-in-law) from T.V. serials (especially Ekta Kapur’s); bearded figures popping out of religious T.V. channels; pseudo-intellectualism of elite class & lot many other things under the sun.

Even one of the greatest Indians Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel used to spend first hour of his day in toilet reading 30 newspapers sent to him from all over the country. Eminent economist & management guru Prof. Arindam Chaudhary had told that one of his teachers used to read Srimad Bhagavad-Gita in loo. So much is the essence & importance of lavatory, which is, perhaps, the most underestimated, neglected & disliked place on this planet. So my dear friends please give a rethink and a new look to this spot at your residence, which is in utter oblivion.